The Institute of Business Management (IBM), affiliated to Jadavpur University and approved by AICTE is a product of the century old National Council of Education, Bengal, born out of the freedom movement, and established on 11th March, 1905.
Besides founding Jadavpur University in 1955 under an act passed in the State Assembly, National Council of Education, Bengal established an educational complex comprising of Jadavpur Vidyapith (1957), covering Nursery through Higher Secondary, Jadavpur Vidyapth College of Education (1969), offering B.Ed. degree under Jadavpur University, and the Institute of Business Management offering MBA of Jadavpur University (1984). IBM has been working with the industry and academia for developing new domains of managerial thought and education and contributing to building leaders in today’s global business environment.
Institute of Business Management has been offering over the last three decades quality MBA programme, both for working executives as well as.for freshers in a student-friendly ambience through case based interactive learning sessions by highly competent, experienced faculty members drawn from Industries/Institutes/Universities. Students here specialize in Marketing, Systems, Human Resources and Finance.
OUR STUDENTS WORKING FOR
- The MBA programme from IBM has its own distinguishing merits, making it one of the attractive MBA programmes in town:
- This is the only program which offers the MBA from the prestigious Jadavpur University, the 5th University in nationwide ranking
- Freedom tolearn while you earn, as classes are held in the evening after your office hours
- As your fellow students may come from different industries, you can share and gain experiences
- Our experienced team of faculty is always ready to coordinate with working individuals to help them with their individual needs
- A galaxy of teachers from academia and industry
- A rich library with about 12000 books along with some rare edition books.
- Subscriptions of nearly 60 journals, both national and international, and databases like “J-Gate” and “Proquest”.
- Air-conditioned classrooms with WiFi connections.
- Regular workshops and seminars where speakers are all well-known corporate executives.
- Wide choice of specialisation including Finance, Marketing, Systems (IT), HR and Project Management.